Thursday 21 October 2021

O9 Work on the Works - 2

Work on the Works - 2 

"Drake" is seen passing the works yard.  The buildings and water tower are all now fixed down, a yard gate has also been made, and also a diesel pump for fuel which was added to the old Hornby tank wagon.

We use the tall 5 - 7" Woodland Scenics Tree Armatures for small moorland trees, however for O gauge they really do not have enough branches.  I thought about extending each branch if I could.  I used some green garden twine cut into short lengths and untwisted the very end of each section to five me 3 or 4 extra branches.   They were glued to each and every branch of the armature with UHU.  When dry, I stiffened them with p.v.a. with a little acrylic black paint added, which also helps to tone them down.  Then I added the foliage.  

The result is a much fuller looking tree.

The only place to install a platform was the outside of the 
right-hand end.  A curved 6mm high platform made of ply-wood was cut to the same profile as the track curve and some "stone" card glued around the edge.  A short length of rustic fencing was added (made by Renedra No. RN14, grey) and a simple shelter.  The shelter has a shell of 5mm foamboard with Slaters large stone courses added and a roof using Wills Corrugated Asbestos.  A wooden bench was also made with plasticard for luxurious seating.

A small station nameboard needs to be added.

I will have to find what small details I have in stock to place around the layout as the yard especially needs some railway junk.   


No comments:

Post a Comment