Friday 19 April 2019

Names from the past


When certain layouts were broken up after their life I had a habit of keeping station signs.  I found a little bag of signs the other day (I am sure there are more somewhere!).  "Newlyn" (1991) was my first module in the original Norfolk Group of the 009 Society, the "Tregony & Newbridge Railway" (1988 - 1992) was my first completed static layout at home, I seem to have even kept the "Tregony Caves" sign from the caves entrance at the bottom of the ravine.  A couple of signs from the "Whitemoor" Station module (1993). "Carne" (1998) was my wife and I's first joint exhibition layout and I kept the home made Post Office sign and also one from the sheep market and coal yard.  The tiny station name board from a tiny micro layout called "Grumblewick Coombe" (2001), and two more micro layouts "Fotherham" (2009) and "Sampson Vale" (2002).

No comments:

Post a Comment